Updated: Aug 25, 2022
Are you looking for a safe, convenient, and non-invasive treatment to look younger and prevent further aging? We have found the answer for you! Skin Pen Precision is the only FDA-approved micro-needling treatment that helps treat uneven skin tone and texture, fine lines and wrinkles, acne and surgical scars, dull skin, and large pores. It does all of that while also decreasing the aging process by stimulating your body to produce extra collagen and elastin, collagen loss being the main contributor to aging.
SkinPen is a type of micro-needling that uses 14 fine stainless-steel needles to create controlled microscopic incisions that stimulate the body’s natural defense to repair and rejuvenate by stimulating collagen production.
The best thing about the SkinPen procedure is that it will only take about 1 hour of your day with minimal downtime afterward. You should expect to leave looking like you have a mild sunburn that should subside in 24hrs. For the next 72 hours, you may experience skin tightness, dryness, and sensitivity to touch in the treatment area.
What should I know before coming in for a SkinPen?
· No suntan for 2 weeks prior to the procedure
· Avoid aspirin, ibuprofen, blood thinners, ginkgo Biloba, garlic, fish oil, and vitamin E for 1 week prior to the procedure to decrease bleeding and bruising
· Stop topical retinol, topical antibiotics, exfoliants, hydroquinone, and benzoyl peroxide or AHA/BHA products 72 hours prior
· If you have a history of herpes or cold sores, it is recommended to take an anti-viral medication pre and post-treatment.
· Schedule your appointment 4 weeks after taking a systemic corticosteroid like prednisone.
How long until I will see the results?
Results depend on age, skin health, and lifestyle but typically between 4-6 weeks after treatment, they become noticeable. It is recommended to receive between 3-6 treatments at least one month apart.
What to know after SkinPen treatment?
Immediately the Following Treatment:
·Do not apply anything to the skin for 6-8 hours after treatment. This includes make-up, SPF, or products of any kind.
· Avoid clothing, headbands, hats, or scarves on the treated area. If clothing is to be worn over the treatment area, we recommend cotton clothing that hasn’t been treated with fabric softeners or dryer sheets.
· Redness and/or swelling are common and will resolve within 1-2 days.
8 Hours After Treatment
· Cleanse skin then apply hyaluronic acid serum using the products recommended to you by your clinician. Do not apply anything else to the skin.
Days 1-6 Post Treatment
·AM Routine-Cleanse skin then apply hyaluronic acid serum using the products recommended to you by your clinician. Follow with SPF.
·PM Routine- Cleanse skin and apply hyaluronic acid serum using the products recommended to you by your clinician.
·Bruising, pinpoint bleeding, minor scabbing, minor breakouts, swelling, and/or redness may occur and will resolve within 7-10 days of treatment. ·
·Do not pick, peel, rub, scrub or irritate your skin in any way while it is healing, as this may cause scarring.
·Avoid heat, saunas, hot tubs, and sweaty activity; exercise for the first 24 hours
·Do not use an electric or manual facial brush of any kind (i.e. Clarisonic or something of the like).
·Mineral make-up may be worn; however, we recommend leaving skin clean for this time if possible.
·You may resume your regular skincare routine if peeling/flaking has subsided. If you are still peeling/flaking, be patient and allow your skin the time it needs to heal before starting back on your routine.
A great option to grab with your SkinPen treatment is the Revision Pre- and Post-treatment box. Having a good skincare routine after treatment will help the longevity of the treatment.
*If you are actively being treated for cancer, have open wounds or sores, a bleeding disorder, an allergy to stainless steel or are taking Accutane, let us assist you with other options that are available for treatment.
Ivy Aesthetics is located in Chanhassen, Minnesota, and serves the SW Suburbs of Minneapolis including but not limited to residents of Chaska, Excelsior, Victoria, Minnetonka, Minnetrista, Cologne and Waconia.